WOAH. How the hell is it already August?! I feel like time has literally flown by this year, and I’m not liking it. Because your girl had some big 2017 plans. And I’ve made next to no progress. So that’s cool.
But it’s ok! Because I’ve got a comeback plan. And it’s all written out in my calendar + planner + multiple excel spreadsheets. Because that’s how I do.
Now this post is going to be a bit different. Less traditional blog post-y. More chatty. Fewer tips, more real. Hope that’s cool with you.
So let me start by saying that there’s a few things I’m switching up this month. And when there’s a few things that I have to say, you best believe I’m putting it in list form.
- This month is going to have a theme, and that theme is health. Because one of my 2017 goals was to lose weight. But in reality I’ve only gained. Like 25 pounds, gained. So there’s that’s. And lemme tell you it sucks. I’m having aches and pains like a legit old timer. And I get winded walking up stairs. And that’s just gotta change.
- I’ll be posting once a week, on Mondays. I’m trying to get more consistent with posting, so your girl’s got a schedule! What a time to be alive!
- Weekly posts for the month of August will all follow the theme of health. Because if I’m gonna churn out 4 posts this month AND try to stay healthy, I’ve gotta stay accountable. And this kills two birds with one nice, big stone.
- I’m going to be adding more talk-y posts like this into the mix. Life updates, more chatty. I mean this is a blog about my adventures. So it only makes sense that you learn a bit about me along the way.
- There is no five. But I don’t like lists of 4. See; you’re learning more things about me already!
Big things y’all! Big things! And I’m excited. So grab your snacks (healthy snacks only please, don’t tempt me) and get ready for an exciting month.
P.S. If you’re wondering what I’ll be talking about this month, then I gotchu. Here’s the lineup:
Week 1: The Ultimate Guide to Healthy Living – I’m gathering over 60 links to help ya live a healthy life. You’re welcome.
Week 2: Coffee Talk – one of those chatty posts I mentioned earlier. Just a check in about how things are going.
Week 3: 9 Things to Do When Staying Healthy Gets Hard – Because I know by week 2 you’ll want to eat something other than chicken and brown rice.
Week 4: Treat Yo Self – because health is about balance. And there ain’t nothing wrong with a slice of pizza now and again.